Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vermin.


Last night I was laying down, reading the village voice. There was this story about these hipsters who bought a building in Brooklyn, who wanted to kick out everyone who was on rent control and turn the building into one HUGE dream house for themselves and their 2 children. One of the families they were kicking out was headed by this older woman, who was struggling with colon cancer. She raised her children and her grandchildren in that 3 bedroom apartment. These hipsters wanted to break up her family. She had rent controlled the apt for $97 for years, and it had recently jumped up to $402. There is nowhere in Brooklyn where you can get this low rent for a 3 bedroom. I felt really sympathetic for this poor woman.

Urban areas are meant to be diverse. That's what makes them great. A bit of gentrification is ok. But I think these asshole hipsters were trying to be selfish and try to make a house out of an apt. They should go move to the burbs where they can have a big house and acres of property to themselves. That way we wont have to deal with their snobby request to own more than what is proper and breaking families apart.

http://www.villagevoice.com/2008-10-01/news/a-hip-young-couple
-clears-out-low-rent-tenants-for-its-television-and-playroom-needs/

While I was reading this article, I heard a rustling in a bag that I had filled with garbage, knotted and left by the door. It sounded like too much to be a roach. The entire bad was MOVING! I flipped out! I shone a light on the bag, and the rustling stopped. Then I got up the nerve to walk over to the bag and tap it with my foot. IT STARTED MOVING AGAIN!! I hurriedly picked up the bag and put it in the trashcan outside. EW.

4 comments:

BrittanyRose said...

lol what the hell was in the bag?!?!

rogue said...

I don't know! It could have been a HUGE roach, or a tiny mouse. I threw it in the garbage. LOL I didnt want to know what it was!

BrittanyRose said...

LOL that is funny but really gross... I would have been screaming. haha.

rogue said...

lol i SO was!