Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Babysitting.


Tonight I babysat for 3 hours. I babysit / tutor a 6 year old in math. She is really cute, but really ADHD. I am sympathetic to her wandering mind because I am very much like that without my medicine; of course, minus the kids toys and gymnastics. There were 2 specific highlights of my night.

1) Tonight we played a game with the guitar and at the end we each had to write a song. The guitar is a kid guitar and doesn't really tune, no matter how hard you try to tune it. I wrote 2 cute kid songs with her and she danced and made up words too. One was about the seasons and the other was about the fact that we both have short hair and that long hair gets messy and that we are way cooler than people with long hair.

2) We played with her "My Little Ponies". I used to be OBSESSED with these when I was a kid, so it brought back a lot of memories.

When Maya's mom came home she asked me if I would want to make a little extra money taking her mother out of the nursing home from time to time. I am all about spending time with people for money. That's kind of the same as going out on a date with a guy you don't like for the free dinner and booze. I do think it's kind of sad that this woman has to pay me to hang out with her daughter and mother. I guess that's what you get when you're a physician in Manhattan, you have to choose your work over your family in order to keep up.

2 comments:

Godzilah said...

It's true nick. Sometimes work does take presidence over family. Glad you got to relive your " my little pony" obsesion". Btw. The Lutheran churches did a blessing of the animals on Saturday. They did it at the Lutheran church in Greenport .

rogue said...

lol that was random about the animal blessing. What prompted that?