Friday, October 10, 2008

Brooklyn.


I went into Brooklyn last night and actually took the train home that night for once. I got to Carries place at around 8. We watched Kath and Kim with hew room mates Nicole and Nick. That show makes me wish I had cable. Nick told me some really sad news. That he is moving back to Wisconsin on November first. He is one of my favorite people so that makes me incredibly sad. For all of you who don't know, Nick went to Columbia for undergrad and worked there just until recently. He was the only one of my really good friends from Brooklyn who would visit me. Of course, it was more because he had an obligation to be up there. Nonetheless, we spent a lot of time together uptown. I doubt Carrie, Nicole and Jenn will ever find another room mate as amazing as Nick.

I left Carries at around 9:20 to go to Jodettes birthday party. There were a lot of people from Long Island there that I haven't seen in a while. It was my first time seeing Jodette and Erika's apartment. It was really cute. Tiny and cute. They live on the 6th floor so it is quite a hike, but they are really close to the roof which was awesome. We hung out on the roof for a while and I talked to old friends. It was really nice to see old familiar faces. The Long Island boys were really impressed with the skyline. That made me really proud to live in the city.

I came home and read the village voice and went to bed. I started ripping out a ton of random articles of new things I want to listen to, do, or see.

The Museum of Arts and Design
has a really interesting exhibit going on that I would like to go see. Thursdays from 6-9 its free. Anyone wanna go with me?

CMJ Music Marathon & Film Festival.

Bands playing include: Minus the Bear, Saves the Day, Broken Social Scene, Beach House, Deerhoof, and Coheed and Cambria.

Hanson is playing at Nokia theatre in Times Square October 20th. (Sigh)

Minus the Bear
is playing at Webster Hall October 25th.

New CD's I must get into:

Of Montreal: Skeletal Lamping

The Streets: Everything is Borrowed

New Movies i must watch:

Choke

Sexdrive

0 comments: