Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Love Harlem.

If I had a dime for every time I have been cat called, I would have moved to Hawaii years ago.

Just today, walking to Marshalls on 125th, I was hollered at by 8 men. The funniest were...

On my way there...

Both of these men approached me from behind.
Skeez #1: "Damn girl, you're beautiful. What you can't say hi?"::walks away::
Skeez #2: "Well at least he has good taste."

Old man with gold teeth and a 3 piece suit (cane included).
"If I had a girl like you in my life, I wouldn't have any more troubles."

On my way back...

As I was sending a text.
"Nah, Don't do dat, call yo!"

Some guy selling umbrellas as it was starting to rain.
"Here, so you don't melt."

Haha. The last one was the cleverest. I feel like some people would be terrified by these sort of advances on the street. I just hold my head up high and strut. They're harmless, during the day. Would I ever venture out there at night? Hell No. It just makes me laugh, the things they come up with. Do they actually think I am going to respond? It's amazing the amount of things you learn to ignore while living in the city.

0 comments: