Sunday, October 12, 2008

Siamese.


Today I woke up and did homework. This paper that I have that is due on Thursday is kicking my ass. I feel completely inadequate and I just know I am going to get a bad grade. I am doing the best I can, but I have a certain feeling it isn't going to be good enough. I moped around and tried to get work done till around 3:30. Then I decided to go look at some cats.
There was an event going on today on 92nd and 82nd. The thing I really hate about cat "shopping" is that most places don't let you socialize with the cats. Or if you do it is very awkward. There are 2 places on long island where this is not so. One being the little shelter in Huntington, and the other being the town shelter in Smithtown.

I really want a Siamese cat. I am really used to my mom talking all the time and either listening to or ignoring her, either way I am used to the constant chatter. It is nice to have someone to talk to. I love it when Lulu cries because she misses me so much. I think a Siamese cat would cure this ailment.

I think I am going to go to another event tomorrow in hopes of meeting a Siamese cat named Chewy. I hope he sounds like Chewbacca when he purrs. That would be really funny. I did some other research in hopes of finding a Siamese. There is the most ADORABLE kitten in Glen Cove. I think I love her already. Her name is Pandora (see photo above). I think it would be really cute if I could call her Pandy or Panda. Look at those big eyes!

Anyway, enough of my sappy cat raving.

Here is some "friend" ranting.

You know when you make a new friend and they wind up being really annoying and you just couldn't tell the first couple of times you hung out? I had a situation like this happen to me the other night. I can't deal when people are "know it all's". It also bums me out when I try to have a conversation with someone and they keep telling me over and over that their opinion of what's best and there are no other alternatives of equal or greater value. While said annoying person can be really giving and kind on the outside, their mere existence makes you want to crawl under a rock and swear off new people all together. Then they get all pissy cause they think you "used" them. Puh-lease!

0 comments: