Wednesday, October 1, 2008

mixer.


So tonight Columbia is hosting a mixer for GSAS. I invited my bestest Carrie. I just found out last week that James Franco has enrolled at Columbia for a MFA. This is termed under Graduate school, so I'm hoping and praying that he will attend this event (even though I know he wont).





In other news, I didn't set my alarm this morning and woke up with 30 minutes to get ready and get to class. This means I am dirty. hehe. After my strenuously boring class today, I got some coffee, did some reading and made some copies in the library. There was a free lunch for us sociology students at noon which I gladly attended. Who said there's no such thing as a free lunch? I ate a lot of yummy sandwiches and talked to 3 of my fellow students, one from Chile, one from Brazil and one from Indonesia. Being the only true New Yorker in the conversation, I felt compelled to tell them to reach outside of our little Columbia bubble and explore what the city has to offer a bit further south. I proposed that our cohort go out for drinks at some time in the near future. I must vow to myself not to get too silly in front of my colleagues.

I also saw my adviser at the lunch. I will be sitting in on one of her classes sometime next week. I am excited because the lecture I wish to attend is going to be about 3 readings one of which is entitled "On becoming an avid marijuana smoker". I am interested to see what the scholarly approach is to this topic. I mean, I have read articles on this sort of thing before, but I always value new opinions or documentation.

Anyway, I am gonna go read and start making some sushi for tonight.

Keep your fingers crossed for James Franco!

0 comments: