Thursday, October 9, 2008

Beautiful, Solo, Fall Day.


Today I decided to quit being a lump on a log and get my legs and brain moving. I found out that Columbia students get into the Whitney for free, so I decided to go after I finished my work. I took the west side train to Central park and walked through the park. It was such a beautiful day! People were in boats on the water, people were walking their dogs, families were out and about, I was a nice vibe.

I finally got to the Whitney. I have to say the exhibits on display were a bit underwhelming. The last time I went there Kara Walker had a show going on, which I thought was incredible. None of the exhibits blew me away like that this time. One of the floors was filled with fake rooms with doors slamming, and videos of rooms that were constantly pulling 360's. I felt like I was going to throw up. This was not a good experience at the Whitney. After that, I decided to walk back over to the west side, stop at duane reade and tasti-d and walked all the way up to 103rd st. By that time, my dogs were barking so I hopped on the subway for a couple of stops.

Haha. On a funny note. As you know, today is Yom Kippur. Jews are fasting today. As I was walking down the street with my ice cream, enjoying the crap out of it; some little Hispanic man looks at me and says "Happy Holiday!" lol I giggled to myself.

2 comments:

ThatGuy said...

Truly a relaxing feeling to have a day like this, wandering and discovering things you never set out to find. I need more days like this. Probably need to start taking days off from work; more than I do now = none. Being an alcoholic seems to be frowned upon in our society, but can we say the same thing about being a workaholic? I believe both to be damaging to a persons well being.

rogue said...

I agree. Both can be seen as an escape from real life. You should definitely start taking some days off from work. Just make sure you do more than lie in bed with a hangover on said days off.