Thursday, October 16, 2008

Deaf?

It just occurred to me Pikachu is deaf. Doctors say that an overwhelming majority of white Persians with blue eyes have the deaf gene. Because of this, they are hard to breed because they can't hear their babies crying. How sad is that? It made me a bit sad when I realized this. But then I realized that I love her even more because of it. It makes her less skittish. I think the reason why she responds well to the name Pikachu is because when I say it, I move a certain way that makes it different from the rest of my dialect. I say it like the Pokemon said it when he made an attack. My cat is better than yours because she understands sign language.

2 comments:

C.S. Perry said...

I've always heard that the Devil is deaf as well.
It's what makes his heart so hard.

rogue said...

There is no devil. But if there was, I could imagine his deafness playing a part in his being an evil dictator, because he wouldn't listen to his own conscience or the wills of others.

But my cat is way different. She is subservient and loving. If anything she is the opposite of your "Devil". And she has the softest heart ever.