Thursday, October 2, 2008

Always when you're not looking.


So. Today has been a roller coaster. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I didn't sleep last night. After class, I came home and totally got approached by a creepy guy from last night who wanted to have sex with me when I just wanted to sleep. I got texts from 2 people from last night. I don't remember either of them really. I can't put a name to a face. I blame this all on xanex. I only took one half. Never have I ever gotten so many txts from people that I met the night before. Apparently I really made my way around. Dare I ask Carrie what happened..I wonder if she remembers. She is usually the one to tell me about all the stupid things I did that I don't remember.

Anyway. After trying to nap for a few hours and being unsuccessful, I did some reading and got ready for my "date". I didn't want to go beforehand. I actually just wanted to cry cause I felt so gross from the night before. The tears wouldn't come however, even though I tried to prompt them with thinking about sad things and listening to sad music. Nick is so right about crying to make a hangover better.

So I went to go meet up with Damon at Red Bamboo, this really good vegetarian restaurant in Greenwich village. He was about 40 minutes late. It was cool, because it gave me an opportunity to walk around the village and call Sara and Julia. I was a little bit nervous. It has been a while since someone other than my mom or Bruce bought me dinner.

Damon is really interesting. He is definitely wise beyond his years and is cute in that dorky sort of way. It has been a while since I have felt that sort of bonding conversation with a boy who isn't gay. I think I like him. We kissed goodnight at my subway stop, and i smiled to myself until the train came. Yeah, I know I am cheesy, but I guess I can't help it. It has certainly been a while since I have hung out with a guy who didn't just want to get in my pants. It was refreshing.


Im off to read Durkheim and get a good nights sleep.

0 comments: