Monday, December 1, 2008

Thin.

Ok, so I don't want to follow trends, or subject myself to stupid girly subordination, but living in the city has really made me notice that I need to lose weight.

I love eating and I know I am fine just the way I am. But I don't want to be 'just fine' anymore. Losing weight is so difficult, but I figure what the hell, why not give it another shot.

I have been noticing that all the boys I find myself attracted to are with, or were previously with skinnier girls. I know, I know. You're going to say 'Nicole, you have so much else going for you, your weight shouldn't matter, those boys don't know what they're missing'. Yeah yeah.

I really hate that gender roles are enforced by consumption. Men are allowed to eat so much more than women. Women are often devalued when they try to oppose this standard. I am so sick of it.

3 comments:

Cuppa Jo said...

Of course, I don't know you but if that's you in the blue dress in your previous post you look great. But yeah, I hear ya. I'm a bit of a health nut. Just a small one, like a peanut or a piece of cashew. Anyway, I've been drinking green smoothies recently, mostly for my health, but I have lost 5-6 pounds and have kept it off. And no pimples too.

rogue said...

It is me. Thanks. What is in your green smoothies? How long did it take to lose 5-6 lbs?

Cuppa Jo said...

took maybe about a week. I change the ingredients to my mood and what's fresh. a really good one had a couple of handfuls of spinach, a banana (fresh frozen is good, but make sure it's really ripe), mango, pineapple, and orange (I like blood oranges, but any citrus will do really, just perhaps not the bitter/sour kind, as citrus helps bind with the iron in the spinach and makes it more digestable and more fully absorbed), blend it all up with 10-12 oz of water. It makes about 30 oz of smoothie. I also like to put chia seed (like the pet, it's a good energy food) and maybe maca root (helps balance hormones, etc). But again, I generally just throw stuff in the blender. you can probably google green smootie too for more recipes.
Happy slurping.