Sunday, December 14, 2008

Indefinite Hiatus.

My computer crashed. i am flipping out. Worst part is that none of my files are retrievable. I lost a term paper and am sitting in the computer lab at the moment trying to rewrite it. Luckily my teacher isn't a complete asshole.

I found out I am moving to Brooklyn on the 22nd. So soon, I know.

I finished 'the shack'. It was really good. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

I really wish I backed up my files. i guess I learned an important lesson...again.

UGH.

4 comments:

Cuppa Jo said...

Are you sure the files aren't retrievable? My mac crashed a few years ago and the apple genius was able to reboot it long enough to let me back everything up. I now back up most files and email or upload to a share drive any important document, like a term paper. I was paranoid that my computer would quit on me when I was writing my thesis. It did finally but only because there was not memory, everything was ok after I removed all the large files (mostly the research articles for references). Hope everything works out ok.

rogue said...

It's a PC. The files may be retrievable, but I would have to send it away and it would cost a lot of money. :( I am rewriting the paper right now. I usually back up important documents...but for some reason I didn't back this one up. I know. I'm kicking myself for it.

Das said...

i tried using a ubuntu live disc, putting it into an external enclosure x2, and run numerous tools. It apparently stopped working while the computer was on, as the head arms are in a R/W state (stop leaving it on). Its under warranty till 2010, but WD doesnt pay for the recovery.


All in all it just had the clack*

*Burning sensation when accessing data

rogue said...

ouch. I really want a macbook.