Monday, December 29, 2008

Thai Tai For Good Eatin.



Today my dad, stepmom and step sis came into Brooklyn to visit. It made me really happy that they finally made it out, but sad that we didn't get to go up to Columbia because of stinky rush hour traffic. I took them into Williamsburg and we got yummy Thai food (my second day in a row at the same place). I think I may be slightly obsessed with coconut and curry induced foods. My dad and I looked at some books on the streets. I really like talking books with my dad. He was always reading when I was growing up, I guess this had a really big impact on me because now I pretty much read for a living. He made me the Twilight Soundtrack and some 8x10's of the movie too. Supercool!

After I got home from a delicious lunch, Jason and I decided to go to Target to pick up some sticks of wood for the apt. It was a silly trek on the subway into the city and back out to BK to get there and they didn't even have what I wanted. However, I did get an awesome new hooded flannel and a corduroy vest. I saw a trashy mag with the beloved lead of my obsession, Twilight, on the cover, so I had to have it. Turns out he is only 22 (his birthday is May 13, which makes him a Taurus) and is a total party animal. I am hoping I will run into him at some trendy NYC bar and we'll hit it off and maybe later on I will coax him into biting my neck, just for kicks. A girl can dream, cant she? OOH also, turns out he has a thing for taken girls. He had a major crush on his costar (Kristen Stewart) during the making of the film, who was dating someone else. Also, he was found macking it with Camilla Belle, who is none other than Joe Jonas's GF! I have a crush on Joe Jonas as well. Sooo basically, I wish I was Camilla Belle or Bella Swan...or something.

After a time consuming and excruciatingly tiring trip to Target, Jason and I were in silly giggly mode and decided to take naps. The rest of the evenings plans include going to Carrie's and watching movies on the couch. I live a tough life I know.

I have been looking into some non-profit organizations that I can maybe get a part time job working for. I figure that may be my best outlet because I will feel like I am actually making a difference to people who matter. I can't stick with a job normally because I find retailing salesperson positions to be too superficial and materialistic, waitressing too tiring and drug induced, and desk jobs too tedious and boring. I definitely don't want to be canvassing out on the streets, though. I would like to do something for the environment or help organize events for human rights or help the general public acknowledge their harmful habits to humankind, the earth or themselves that can be alleviated through a change of their course of daily activities.

0 comments: