Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wine, Cheese and Hotdogs.

Yesterday I went to the library to work on a paper, but to my surprise, my phone broke and being that I am so gung ho about texting while working I had to come home and sulk about it.

Turns out I will quite possibly lose all my numbers.

Carrie invited me over for wine, cheese and teenie bopper TV/movies. We tried to watch 'The Great Yokai War', which is like a Japanese version of the Labyrinth. There are lots of interesting and crazy looking monsters and really good animation.



After downing a bottle of wine, I couldn't finish watching the movie. Carrie was hungry so we went out to eat. We talked about some pretty awesome/terrible old times and how much we have been through together. I love that bitch.

After Carrie was finished eating, Jon (friend and owner of BCC, one of our fave bars in Bushwick to go to) shows up outside the window with the most adorable baby dachshund. He lives above where we ate, so we went up and played with the puppy for a while. His name is Dr. Gustav Von Liebchen, which basically translates to Dr. Love.


After that we went out to Sweet ups and BCC for a quick drink in each then I went and slept in Carrie's bed.

Today is none other than another day filled with evading responsibilities. I keep distracting myself with anything and everything but my research paper. It's due on Friday and I have 13 of 25 pages written. That's OK right? This is the class I am actually getting graded on. I have no idea what I will get because my grade is solely dependent on this paper. This puts me under enormous amounts of stress, especially since all the research I have been finding is from 1980 and earlier. It's like COME ON! No one's done research on Norway since then?

UGH.

Oh P.S. I forgot how to tag pictures, but I found these two from the summer and they REALLY made me miss being tan and warm. I think I smile brighter in the summer, not just because I am tanner, but because its the happiest time of the year.



4 comments:

yusufyusuf said...

Nice blog...!

The Way ©

Cuppa Jo said...

Sounds like you had a good time.

What's your paper on?

rogue said...

I did. :)

The paper from hell is on the three forms of welfare states as described by Goodin and Esping-Andersen, with special emphasis on the social democratic welfare state in Norway.

Why did I pick this to be my topic? I have no idea.

Cuppa Jo said...

that makes no sense. good luck!