Sunday, November 16, 2008

Family Time.

I went to long island from Friday night until Sunday night. Friday night was spent watching Kath and Kim with my mom. That is so our show. If we were trashy Floridians, and a bit more dumb and self centered we could totally be them.

Saturday: Run of the mill, laborous activities necessary to sustain life.
Night: Game Night at Dani's (feeling really left out because I was the only one there not engaged or with husband). After, I went to Bayshore to meet up with some of my favorite bitches. For some reason I felt like all the guys in the bar were 5 ft. or shorter. I felt silly being there because not only did no one male look the slightest bit intrigueing, none of them were even at eye level with me.

One thing I really adore about Long Island, however, is that some people have no class/style. It makes me feel really good about myself. I am not saying that I am some sort of fashionista, but compared to some people; I am a fashion goddess!

My brother's birthday was/is today. Him and I went and spend a lovely day with my dad. We acted silly a whole lot. It was really nice to spend the day with them. It was also really nice to get my head out of books for a couple of days. I mean I still had to read, but it was nice to not worry about it.

My cat is a little piss machine. But she is so fucking cute. I don't know what to do with her. Thank heavens I will be sleeping in Crescencio's bed starting Jan 1st. (Hopefully!)

Dad,

To answer your question...

Both dyes and pigments appear to be colored because they absorb some wavelengths of light preferentially. In contrast with a dye, a pigment generally is insoluble, and has no affinity for the substrate. Some dyes can be precipitated with an inert salt to produce a lake pigment, and based on the salt used they could be aluminum lake, calcium lake or barium lake pigments.

Originally, dyes were obtained from animal, vegetable or mineral origin, with no or very little processing. By far the greatest source of dyes has been from the plant kingdom, notably roots, berries, bark, leaves and wood, but only a few have ever been used on a commercial scale.

Oh the wondorous lifetime lessons learned through wikipedia!

1 comments:

Godzilah said...

simply amazing. Thanks for the info nicko.