Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ugh. Obama.


I am appalled at America right now. I knew this was coming, but somehow I still had hope that McCain would win. All day I have seen people wearing Obama T-shirts and pins. Quite honestly the pin wearing has been consistent for a while now. I expected New York to come up as a blue state, but I still voted oppositionally.

Today, while entering the voting chamber, I thought of it as a pivotal moment in American history. There was still hope for the future and I was proud to push the levers and make my voice heard.

Now I feel hopeless and ashamed. When looking at the overwhelming blue states on the map, I feel like everyone has succumbed to charismatic false promises and advertisements. Obama's campaign was so strong that people couldn't look the other way. So many young voters took a stand because this was the first time a black man (or half black man) was nominated to be president. Of course this stands out in our culture. Even Tupac said "We have yet to see a black president" well, he is probably rolling over in his grave right now.

The thing that bugs me most of all is all the people screaming for joy out in the streets. I am just waiting for those damn Muslims to bomb another American monument. I am honestly frightened for the future. Call me old fashioned, but I am terrified.

Even tonight, when Carrie called me to tell me to come out and celebrate Obama's winning I got really angry. Even my own friends have succumbed to the mental slavery that results from a good campaign. I feel like I am all alone. They are all like sheep. Fuck America. I want to move to Canada ASAP.

0 comments: