Monday, November 3, 2008

Give and hour, get an hour.


Saturday night I went to Sara's Halloween party. It was fun to see some old familiar faces. It was funner to see the fight that went down.

Best costume award goes to Greg, who was dressed as a Hi-C juice box. He said the costume came to him in a dream, which is even better.

Sunday I went back into the city with mom. We got some delicious vegetarian dinner at Hummus Place and then went to see Fuerabrutza. It was a really exciting show. Like moving modern art. It had some pretty strong messages which I liked.

Basically, what I got out of it was that we are constantly moving and nothing is permanent. Shit happens. Work is boring and pointless and everyone just wants to dance. It is more fun to break down walls, especially when those walls have confetti inside and you can dance in it as it falls on you.

Another idea conveyed was that dreams are sacred. Everyone can be happy in dreams, but can't always be happy in real life.

The coolest part of the show was the huge piece of clear vinyl that covered the audience that had the likes of a pool on top of it. It had anywhere from 1 to 4 girls swimming and playing on it. At certain points the "pool" would lower and we could touch it. I really wish it was my job to swim in a pool like that.

The worst part about the show was the pain in my neck from looking up a lot. However, I liked how the audience had to move around the room during the show and that there were volunteers, it made it more interactive.

Today was spent writing a kick ass draft for a paper due on Thursday. It really made me like writing again. I fell off the paper writing wagon recently because I was taking so many art classes that didn't require term papers. This paper is about the de-secularization of society because or from the media (movies, TV, music and the commercialization of Christmas) with reference to Weber and Durkheim. It really made me want to write a book with Kate about Religion, Gender and the Media. I think we could totally pull it off and have Columbia publish it.

Anyway, tomorrow is elections. I am SO happy this messy campaign is almost over. I think I want to watch it on TV tomorrow after I vote, just to get it out of my system once and for all.

0 comments: