Monday, November 10, 2008

Forget all your troubles, forget all your cares and go DOWNTOWN!

I am showing the apartment to two people, so far today. I got seven responses since yesterday. I am hoping to rent to someone who I get along with, who I can trust, who has similar interests as me. I wouldn't mind making a friend while I am at it. This is a good business technique, cause if they like me they're less willing to fuck me. Call me prejudice, but I haven't been calling back the people with accents that I can't understand because this does not give me good business prospects. I am really excited to move downtown. This should be good.

I feel like I did the same thing when I went to Dowling. At first, I wanted to get a grasp on school and to focus on it to my full capacity, but now that I am getting the hang of school, I want to be away from it. I really enjoyed my 40 minute car ride to school every morning, it gave me time to adjust. Also, up here there is nothing to do. I could have guessed that I wouldn't be crazily popular with the Columbia crowd, enough to want to live all the way up here.

Anyway. I had a really weird dream last night, involving the nude beach and people that I used to go to church with. I was on a church trip, and we stumbled across a nude beach and I was the first one to take off my clothes and dive in. I got stuck in a current with some other nudies and was loving floating on the waves, but was a bit scared I would get to far away from the shore. The current finally ended and I swam back safely. I noticed, after I got out that only a few people in that area were naked, so I proceeded to put my clothes back on. Then I ran into the church crew and was trying to talk my old pastor into believing that nudists aren't sinful because they like to hang out naked. He wasn't budging on his belief because this is what he had been indoctrinated through his schooling and preaching throughout his life. I went back over to the nude side of things, and this one guy had this kickass trailer, bigger than I had ever seen before, it had multiple bedrooms, quite a few hang out rooms, a tanning bed room, and a deck for sun bathing. It was incredible.

Anyway, symbolically, I think the whole nude current represents this time in my life where I am having fun and being free, however the fact that the current ended and I wanted to put my clothes back on, made me think that the nudist thing wont last. Or that my being free and soaring on waves wont last. Either way, this dream was prophetic.

I have mad work to do today and I am meeting up with Brittany later (woohoo) cause she is taking a tour at Columbia.

Toodles my Noodles.

0 comments: