Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sexism and Racism in Reality TV

Today I interviewed feminist, media critic Jennifer Pozner for Paper Tiger. I get a certain thrill out of asking people questions, especially interesting questions yo interesting people. We compiled a list of questions pertaining to our subject and I stood behind the camera and conducted a 2 hour interview at a studio at The New School. It was cool to be a part of the production. Jennifer Pozner is a great, enthusiastic, charismatic woman who passionately exposes women's rights and the debilitating stereotypes exhibited through reality TV. I was really excited to meet her and I have to say that she definitely lived up to my expectations. Maybe I will have her do a lecture for me/show this show to my classes. Here is a link to her foundation 'Women in Media and News'.



After the interview, Alex and I started walking back to PTTV for our weekly meeting and got caught in the rain. We got to the meeing late and I was too beat to visit Carissa at work. Oh well.

Tomorrow is my 5 year high school reunion. I am a bit nervous/excited. Who woulda thunk it? I am kind of excited to toot my own horn. Not that I don't do that all the time. Yeah, I guess I can get kind of boring to talk to sometimes.

0 comments: