Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cutting a 13 Track Album

Yesterday I recorded in my bedroom for 7+ hours. I wrote a new song, learned a new song and finished up an old one. I titled the CD 'Naked Friday' cause its just a bunch of rough copies for Kim and Lauren to practice with.

After having to file a noise complaint against the church across the street, I went over to Carrie's. She just got back from PA. We went to sweet ups and then R bar. We got caught in a downpour in between. Later on, I beat it and went to Sam's house warming right by McKibbin. I could never live there, its like a dorm building with rowdier students and higher ceilings. The apt next to Sam's got robbed and ransacked last night. Fuck that shit. It made me happy to be 5 blocks west of there (not even).

I got into some really interesting sociological discussions with some strangers last night. I got the feeling that (hopefully) that will be what my classes will be like to teach. Once again, though I guess I get boring when at parties and have the same conversation with everyone. I am good with one on one, then my conversations have a purpose and lead to something more profound. I hate having to feel like I have to start at square one with everyone, it is a lot of work. Just an observation.

0 comments: