Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's All For The Music

Monday I had band practice with Lauren. We made delish bloody maries and egg white omelets. We didn't really get too much done, but I got this spark where I realized that I really wanted to do an open mic night. After a pretty uneventful practice, we went to the cup and played a few games of scrabble.

My friend Stephen was telling me about these open mic nights in Coram on Tuesday nights. So, Tuesday came and I spent much of the day practicing and did it! I went up there by myself and played about 8 songs (2 different sets). I picked up Steph on the way and Julia, Nicole, Jackie, Sean and Tony came to support. I didn't play the most amazing sets of my life, but I guess thats what open mic's are about. People don't scrutinize you and applaud the fact that you are up there playing songs. A lot of the people there told me I did well. It was weird to be on the performance side of the open mic night. I always had a feeling that I should be, but it was nice for that aspiration to finally be actualized. I was always the one to tell people they did a good job, just for trying and now people were telling me the same.

0 comments: