Friday, July 10, 2009

Jam-Packed with Musical Fun

Wednesday was a really great day. I started the day a bit early with Kim, coming over around noon to do yoga in McCarren park. After finding our chi, we got some delish Indian food in the burg and went back home to practice. We blended so well together and really accomplished a lot in a matter of a few hours. This thing is really coming together. We are definitely going to start playing shows in the end of August. I just may have booked our first one. Yay!

After a wonderful jam session, Kim and I decided we deserved a beer before she went home and I went to work. We went to Duckduck, this cute, little, duck-themed local bar.

After a couple of brewskeys I went to PTTV to help orientate some new members, and got put on the spot to fill in and facilitate the meeting. I was a tad absent minded, being put on the spot like that, and I had to leave early. I think I do way better at being the center of attention when I have some time to mentally prepare. I asked the collective about my band playing at our screening in the garden and they all seemed OK with it, I just have to OK it with the garden.

After my meeting, I went to see my friends in 'In India' play a show at Trash Bar. I went by myself, which is something I am trying to do more lately. However, I knew that Lauren S was gonna be there, so it wasn't like I would be completely alone. The boys played a great show, and I swayed and tapped my foot accordingly. They had open bar for a bit before the boys went on, so I was in for some quick drinks. After they went on, I found lauren, who was accompanied by Ariel and Jani. I then played pool with the boys (terribly) and threw back a few jack n' cokes.

After I was fully satisfied with my networking skills, talking to an abundance of strangers, I hit the road. I talked to some guy who does booking at Trash Bar. I have a feeling it is going to be pretty easy to get shows. I am really excited that everything seems to be coming together.

0 comments: