Thursday, May 28, 2009

Swine Flu Lullaby


Yesterday, on my way home from maine I started getting the chills and hacking up a lung, while my head throbbed in excruciating rhythms. I sat and waited for the plane while sipping my tea, well knowing that I was liable to infect anyone I came in close contact with. I sat next to a nice, older couple from Florida. I probably infected them.

After finally arriving home, I thought about my predicament, imagining it was swine flu I was infected with. The whole scenario reminded me of 'Lullaby' by Chuck Palahniuk. Lullaby is one of my favorite books, which is founded on the contemporary use of an African culling song that was sung to dying people. It's like a disease that can be caught through the ears.

Anyway, today I went to the doctor and found out that my illness is viral. I got put on antibiotics and I will be able to drink wine at the napa valley wine tour I am taking on tuesday. Hooray!

0 comments: