Sunday, May 24, 2009

Come Together

Tonight I went to Dani and Russ' wedding. It was lovely and I had SO much fun. Back track a bit. This morning I woke up and lounged around for a bit and then come noon I had appointed a lunch date with the fabulous Dr.Rogers (aka my scholastic role model). We discussed this summer, my future as a scholar, assignments I should give to future students and ways of commanding authority in the classroom. Nathalia truly is an amazing woman who I aspire to use as a figure of excellence in my pedagogical life. She kept telling me how proud she is of me and that really boosted my ego to a lofty and sky high position, thus starting my day on an incredible note.

Come 2 O'clock, Lauren came over and we started to pre-game/get ready for the wedding. We bonded and laughed and had a jolly ol' time. Later on, Carrie, Erika and PJ showed up and we continued to prepare for the upcoming nuptials.

I can't believe what good looking friends I have. Sometimes I feel like I don't fit in and dont belong, at least in a traditional way, or something. It's really weird. Maybe I just don't see people the way other people see them. I don't know.

The wedding was short and sweet and beautiful. At the reception, I danced until my shoes and girdle came off and tore up the dance floor. I couldn't imagine having a funner time. I don't know if it was the constant stream of champagne running through my veins or the pure awesomeness radiating off of the people I was there with, but table 5 a.k.a. the corner table, was the most kick-ass table at the party. We ordered a round of shots from our waitress and kept the party going on the dance floor more than any other table. Lets just say, if the tables at the wedding had to team up and capture a flag, break a red rover chain, or have a color-war, table 5 would have kicked all the other team's asses.

I love my life.

0 comments: