Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Convocation



This morning I woke up mad early to go to my convocation for M.A. candidates. It was a long and boring ceremony, but there were some high points during good speeches that almost brought a tear to my eye.

They served champagne afterward at the reception, with strawberries and creme dip. It was fabulous. We stood outside in the beautiful weather on the lovely campus drinking and smuggling bottles of champagne. It was glorious. Tomorrow, another one of these assemblies will ensue for the commencement ceremony.

After our strawberries and champagne, my mom, Carrie, and Katherine and I all went to amsterdam to get some grub. We had a lovely lunch and then came home and napped. Woke up around 8:30 and headed out to SEA for dinner. Yummy.

On a different note, I just found out last night that Kristen is moving out during the first week of July. It makes me kind of sad, because I really love living with her and spending time with her. She truly is an amazing person. It is really awesome that I am so lucky to have gotten to live with someone who I get along with on so many levels. Someone I can go to art galleries with, do topless collages and take ambien with. I hope my next roomie is as cool, however that is a really tall order.

0 comments: