Monday, May 11, 2009

Bachelorettes on a Full Moon

Saturday was Dan's bachelorette party. Carrie slept over the night before so that we would be on time the next morning, however we ran into a ridiculous amount of obstacles on our way to Dani's. Once we got there we found out that 2 more girls had yet to appear, go figure, a full moon makes everything more extreme, good or bad.

After Dani nearly had a panic attack the other two youngins showed up, making the head-count 7 and our limo was ready to roll. We popped a cork and told stories on the way there, blasting music and getting silly. We finally arrived at Pindar for our first tasting. We took a bunch of girly pictures and regretted not getting Dani a tiara.

Next we were off to Duckwalk for some more sips of north fork vino. We ate our lunch on the patio and made fun of other people taking the tour. We made a scavenger hunt of types of guys to find and take pictures with, however, this was more of a lofty idea than a realistic happening, as most of the people at the wineries were a) bachelorette parties, b) couples, c) old, or d) ugly. We strutted on, getting sillier and louder as we went.

Next we stopped at another vineyard (its name escapes me) where they had live music and hoards of guys, especially ones in pink shirts. We started talking to some loser with a hemp necklace and Carrie started making fun of me, saying I have friends with blow outs. I responded, and I quote "I have 600 friends on facebook, only ONE has a blow out!!". Yeah, only a drunken Nicole would say that.

Next we were off to another winery with more live music and horses. We stumbled around there for a few and then we got back in the limo and headed back to Dani's. The singing in the car was phenomenal. I really miss blasting girly music with a bunch of girls and singing at the top of my lungs. NYC transportation doesn't allow me this luxury.

An exciting bit of news. One of Dani's bridesmaids, Karyn, pretty much gave me a job teaching at Briarcliffe. I am so excited. This will give me excellent experience to throw on my resume, I am kind of nervous, but I know it will be a good step in the right direction. The only thing bugging me is that it is on Long Island and I sort of have an obligation to my apt in BK. She was saying stuff about teaching a class online. So I guess I could probably teach 2 classes over the summer or something. One online and the other in person, this would afford me only two days of commuting to LI.

We got back to dani's and there were two huge platters of sushi with all the trimmings waiting for us. We gobbled them down and started watching 'Bride Wars', quite possibly the perfect movie for the occasion. Lauren made the most delicious pie with cookie crumbles and a lot of alcohol (it was sOO good). After watching an hour of the movie, the Passion Party lady showed up. She reminded me of a mix of Boppy and June, so I automatically felt comfortable. We played some games, one of which required sort of musical chairs with no chairs but a dildo that you had to pass around in a circle with your knees. It was silly. I won!

After the passion party, I noticed a weird feeling in my mouth. Turns out I chipped my tooth on something. I called my uncle and now I have to go back up to Maine asap so that I don't get a cavity.

OH full moons what would I do without you?!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

"some loser with a hemp necklace" - hahaha..i hated him.

rogue said...

Hate is a strong word Lauren. Lol. Can't blame him for wanting to talk to the prettiest group of girls in the place.