Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Little Mermaid


Yesterday after work Boppy came and met up in Brooklyn and we went out for Thai food and then we saw The Little Mermaid. The show made me cry a lot, and then when I looked over at mom, she was crying too because I was crying, or vice versa.

This movie played an important and influential role in my childhood, and boppy's momhood. When I was a wee little girl I always thought I would grow up to become a mermaid, simply because I wanted to so bad. Every beach we went to, I would find an 'Ariel rock' to perch on and sing "Part of your world!', like Ariel did when she sang it while the waves crashed all around her. My mom played Ursula 5 times in community theatre while I was growing up. So on top of watching the movie all the time, I would always go to my mom's rehearsals, and once I even got to play Jetsam and one of the sister mermaids.

The play was really good and left me reminiscing.

0 comments: