Saturday, January 10, 2009

Time Well Spent on Long Island.


I had a great "weekend"/ non-weekend on LI the past couple of days. Thursday night was spent with Kim, Billy and Jim in the village. I haven't seen Kim since this summer. Her break up with Ryan (who was in and out of a psych ward throughout his and her relationship) has given her an abundance of time to spend with friends. I am really glad to have one of my good friends back in my life.

Billy and I have been trying to make plans for a long time. I always really enjoy hanging out with him and find him really easy to talk to. The 4 of us hit it off well and had a good time in each other's company. I always get a little nervous when I mix friends, cause sometimes they wind up hating each other and then the night makes an awkward turn while one person spends the night avoiding/making fun of the other person while thinking 'how the hell is Nicole friends with this person'?

We went to Honu, Mary Carolls and the Tavern and then topped it off with Taco Bell. It was ladies night at Honu which means 2 for 1 girly drinks. I totally got a coconut martini and a peach mojito. Their coconut martinis are probably my favorite drink in all of Huntington.

I saw 'the dentist' (this really cute, young and successful dentist I hooked up with over the summer) at Honu and was contemplating going up to him but waiting for the right time. After we went to MC's he showed up a bit later and I finally had the balls/blood-alcohol level to go up and say hi. I held my composure quite well for the amount I had drank. He seemed genuinely pleased to see me. For those of you who don't know, I was kind of obsessed with him over the summer and I think he might have gotten the hint that I was stalking him for some reason.

Yesterday was spent quite lovely as well. I woke up and got a mani/pedi. They used hot stones in the pedi. I was in heaven.

After that, I met up with Kristen at Starbucks. We made bracelets while chatting and catching up, then we went to Target. I got some good buy's including a stellar red plaid jacket (see photo). I really enjoy hanging out with Kristen. It's like she gets me. Really gets me.

Later on I went to Jennifer and William's to drop off Lulu. I had a really great time talking to Jennifer. She is reading the Twilight series as well so we had MUCH to talk about. She is on the second book (just like me) and she saw the movie twice (just like me). It was really great hanging with her and seeing the 5 new kittens she rescued recently.

Plane time...and we're ready for take off.

0 comments: