Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Leather Obsession.




You know how some girls have an obsession with shopping for high heels? I have an obsession for leather bags. I mean, I don't mean to knock shoes, but it is so hard to go shoe shopping when you're a size 11 and teetering on 6 ft. I LOVE boots, but this is not part of my story.

I have had this fetish of smelling fresh leather for some time now. I go into stores like Bloomingdales, Cole Haan, Coach and Dooney and Bourke and just breathe...it's "like my own personal brand of heroin". Sometimes I stalk bags when I know there is a big sale coming. Foe example, the after Christmas sales. I had my eye on a few priceless beauties, and stalked them, waiting eagerly for their prices to go down.

I had three pictures on my desktop until today. Ma and I went to the outlets out here and they had the same style bag as one that I really wanted that was on my desktop. I am pretty stoked. Originally, this bag was $500. I got it for $150. I couldn't resist. They had it in dark brown, which is close enough to black and probably my favorite color anyway. The only thing I feel bad about is that I JUST got a brown leather bag yesterday while shopping with ma. Of course, the first was a gift, I had to pay for the second. There are some things in life you just have to splurge for. This was one of them. Plus, I should treat myself for my phone interview...right?

0 comments: