Friday, January 30, 2009

Save The Last Dance.

Ok. So I went out last night. It was my friend Nick's birthday. We went to this party at McKibbin lofts. We went there for new years and it was floor after floor of crazy party space. Last night it was just one floor. There were kids dancing and a DJ and some cool art projected on the walls to go with the music. There was also a lost of cool modern/trash art on the walls. I was sitting around for a while watching the hipster kids dance, making fun of them, thinking to myself 'this is today's youth'. I felt conflicted like I didn't want to be a part of this generation anymore, but I wanted more than anything to fit in and forget all about my scruples. I mean, I was fitting in. I do fit in. I occasionally thought of the people in my classes and if they attend parties like this.

This morning I woke up with a mean hang over. Normally I wake up early and get straight to work, but right now I am procrastinating and 'Save the Last Dance' is on. During the high school scenes I keep thinking about my potential job at teach for America and how terrified I am of the kids. I shouldn't be like that. I gotta be a lion tamer (in the words of a previous TFA corps member).

0 comments: