Thursday, June 18, 2009

Where is Summer?

Why is it cold and rainy? I have never had bad weather on my birthday, ever. This year may be a first.



OH, So I am pretty keen on taking a couple of years off to work/volunteer/make music. It is weird, like I know I will go back. I just am not ready to be so serious yet. I know I will be, for sure. I love being a student and I know that I am really good at it. Besides, I won't ever leave the world of academia anyway, so there's no reason for me not to excel in my education, cause it will only help me in teaching. Dad, stop worrying! I understand that other people say they are going to go back and never do, but it must not have been imperative for them to excel in their education as part of their 'time off' job. It's weird, like I finally feel like I don't need to what everyone else is doing. I have really become less dependent and all about accomplishing my own goals rather than succumbing the the goals of others. I feel like I am in a good place in my life, and I don't want to waste my youth toiling away in a library. School will always be there, my youth wont. There will always be time for settling down.

1 comments:

Godzilah said...

You are soo wrong Nicole. You are not independent. You make no money on your own. You don't support yourself. Never have. Life is a long commitment. No one gets to take off from it. I hope you are mature enuf to see this and change your mind. I love u and fear this is a big turning point for you. Don't blow it. Dad