Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vino & Berkeley


Today we went for a wine tour in Napa Valley. It was absolutely gorgeous. We hit up 4 wineries and took a ferry ride back to SF. It was a beautiful day!

After we got back to the hotel, I decided I wanted to check out Berkeley solo to prep for our tour tomorrow. My first trip on the Bart was rather interesting. I can't believe how small their subway system is. I mean, compared to what I am used to. I got on the wrong subway at first, but it didn't matter because a lot of them go to the same places anyway. Then I got onto the right one and went through oakland, which has all these strange looking pieces of machinery that look like giant mechanical dogs with their heads pointed toward the heavens. Quite strange looking, really. Then, after thinking I was headed in the wrong direction, and telling myself I would get off at the next stop, whether right or wrong to see if I was headed in the right direction; I was at Berkeley. This area is SO cool. The U C Berkeley campus is gorgeous with trees and historic buildings and random hippies galore. I feel like I belong here. The only thing killing my buzz is that I don't think their sociology program has what I need academically. They are far more focused in political and religious sociology. Ugh. Oh well. The tour will be fun tomorrow anyway.

0 comments: