Monday, June 29, 2009

Me Day

Today started out a bit rocky. I woke up, knowing me and boppy were in a fight. I initially felt awkward, but tried to play it off like I didn't care. I got a lot of work done for PTTV. I am working on some publicity stuff and networking for our upcoming open house. This means I had to search all the NYC colleges and find e-mail addresses of faculty members in the programs for which our ethos is capable of being relevant for. I am actually really excited for our open house and I hope a lot of interesting people show up. However, I am not so good at party planning.

After being productive, I decided to visit Tony. I got out a lot of angst and tears. I have been extremely lachrymose lately. I don't know what it is, but I feel like this is a weird moment for me. I feel like I am all the sudden waiting in the sag of a valley, waiting to climb the next peak. I have been realizing that I have been less than kind to the people that mean the most to me. I feel awful about it. Maybe I have more psychological breakdown than I thought. I have really been manic lately.

Anyway, back to happy thoughts. After visiting my beloved Tony, I decided to go to Borders and use my gift card from Dad and Jean. I wound up getting the new Regina Spektor (which is so profound and remarkable) and Slapstick by Kurt Vonnegut. I had a nice couple of hours at the book store. That always seems to calm me down.

After finding out that Bruce had reaped the benefits of an expired speeding ticket, had his GF over and wouldn't be able to get dinner with me tonight as we had planned, I called back Stephen (who I worked on that song with). He asked me out to dinner last night, and we were planning to possibly get a drink tonight, I decided that would be the perfect idea.

He told me that he was about to go to the shooting range and I was stoked and all about it. I picked him up and we went to the range. He has a few guns, but the one we used tonight is a sexy black 9mm. I hadn't shot a gun since sleep away camp when I was 13. It was just what I needed. So exhilarating and stress-releasing. I have been doing this thing lately where I try to do something that scares me whenever the opportunity presents itself.

After shooting, we went to Tai Show and got some grub. I hadn't been there in so long and it used to be my spot at least once a week when I went to Dowling, so I am sure you can imagine. We had a really fun night. He is totally not my type but he makes me laugh and sometimes its at him, sometimes with him. However, a good times nonetheless. Def helped to heighten my mood.

0 comments: