Friday, June 12, 2009

Chillin at the Studio


Ok, so I went on a date with this guy Stephen last night, who I met over the weekend through Julia. He is only a month older than me, and lives out east on LI. We have a lot of weird stuff in common, but there is also a huge amount of things we don't have in common, like our personal style. After dinner, we went to his friends studio to lay down some tracks for this song he has been working on. He wants me to do the vocals for it. He sort of wrote lyrics, so I am working with him to complete this song. I am totally honored that he asked me to do this, as I am always interested in starting a new musical project. He laid down guitar, drums and beatbox tracks and I will be singing along to the cd to see what I think sounds best vocally. The song is actually really pretty, kind of like alternative/rock/acoustic.

It's weird how vastly different the persona of the general population becomes when you move from urban to suburban areas. He was funny, he made me laugh a lot, but also was kind of embarrassing at times. I am used to dating older guys, or urban guys who grew up faster, so I was kind of taken aback by how old/young I felt hanging out with him.

0 comments: