Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Told You We'd Make It

My life has been taken by storm due to musical influence. We had a band practice on Sunday night after my fathers day festivities and I introduced Lauren (Keys, Bass & Back up Vocals) to Kim (Violin, Electronic, & Back up Vocals) to each other. They totally hit it off and we are all really stoked to start doing songs together. We decided that we are going to try to do a cover of Radiohead - Paranoid Android just to get it started. However, also in the mix is Explosions in the Sky, the Cartigains, Rilo Kiley, the Beatles, Andrew Bird, Metric, and Van Halen amongst others. I am really ecstatic that this musical project is coming together and with such talented musicians. Both of my girls went/almost went to school for music, did all county/nyssma/all state and one of them actually used to play gigs with Miley Cyrus and Ashley Tisdale (She said it was as a joke, but I am mucho impressed). Anyway, I will have some songs on here soon. I just wanted to post some "Paranoid Android" so you could listen to it and pretend it was being played with violin, keys and little old me on my guitar (oh and some drums...somehow).



OH and other good band news. Last night I recorded this song with my boy steph and he told me that I could hold onto his drum set for a while. Woohoo! Free drums!! I am so glad that I have a practice space and that drums are being added to it! The pattern of the universe is certainly in my favor!

0 comments: