Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quarantined and Kept

Monday I came home to find my apartment in the messiest condition EVER. It's annoying to come home from vacation and have everything in your kitchen, living room and bathroom be in disarray. I immediately started cleaning my bedroom, in hopes that somebody would come over and adopt my cat. Later on, Jason and I did some laundry and then I went to Prospect park to see David Byrne (of the Talking Heads) play a free show, and to meet up with Blair.

There were a bajillion hippies everywhere, sprawled out on the grass, smoking grass and loving life. I finally found B and we went to a diner to get some eats. After a lovely night, I woke up and went straight to work at PTTV. I finished my flyer and then stopped home to pick up clothes for the next day. My bed is sealed with plastic so that in case if Pika pees anymore, I can easily get rid of the scent. Not to say that I mind sleeping at B's house. :)

After a quick slice of pizza and a trip home, I went to meet up with B at Cobble Hill cinemas to see Angels and Demons. It was pretty good, I thought. I didn't actually finish the book, so the ending threw me for a loop. One part of the movie with I particularly enjoyed was how they portrayed the press. The news companies from around the world shown in the movie were always misinformed and wrong, doling out incorrect or incomplete information. I felt like this was an accurate portrayal of news media and applaud Ron Howard for including this aspect in the movie.

0 comments: