Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Topless Collage Roomie Night



Oh yes. I just had the most fun. Kristen and I each made a big piece for the living room! (Mine is the one on the bottom) I forget how therapeutic it is to do culture jamming.

Culture Jamming:
"At its best, culture jamming homes in on the flip side of those branded emotions, and refocuses them, so that they aren't replaced with a craving for the next fashion or pop sensation but turn, slowly, on the process of branding itself." (p.288)

"The most sophisticated culture jams are not stand-alone ad parodies but interceptions-counter-messages that hack into a corporation's own method of communication to send a message starkly at odds with the one that was originally intended." (p.281)

-NO LOGO by Naomi Klein

(My Anthropology Prof would be very proud of me, using my readings to create something. I should show him and get extra credit haha.

0 comments: