Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dani's Shower


I went to a surprise bridal shower for Dani yesterday. We haven't hung out in a while, which makes me sad, but I was really glad Carrie was there so I could have someone to not know anybody with. Carrie and I spent a large part of the day talking about our future weddings. I decided I don't want to spend a lot of money on my wedding. I just want the people that matter the most to be to be there. I also want to get married on a beach and make it a destination wedding. To where, I don't know.

I really don't want a lot of the dumb girly planing. Some girls lives revolve around getting married, but I see it as just another social gathering where people come together to celebrate an event. Yes, a bond is changed in the process of this, but the party that takes months upon months to plan is such an ephemeral fix, so a point where it isnt about the constitution of marriage anymore and more about the superficial commodification of the party itself. I don't know.

0 comments: