Monday, March 16, 2009

Gripes


Monday, March 16th 10:31 AM.

Wow. My opinion of this place has drastically changed in the past 2 days. I mean. Yes it is still a beautiful place, but some things have made me less than pleased.

1-The food is really bad. At first, we thought it was medioker but the more we ate, the more we realized it sucked.

2-They have all of these restricted VIP areas that they try to make you pay more for. It is all over rated. Also, the free internet is only in the VIP area.

3-Maybe it's just me, but i believe vacations should be sprawling with opportunities for exploration. Here I feel a bit suffocated. I would like to see more of the countryside and somehow poke around this 3rd world country without the threat of robbery.

4-There are way too many 17/18 year old kids here on spring break who are ignorant and stupid. Yesterday, boppy overheard a conversation between this guy from Maine and these 2 bimbos from Canada. It went something like this.

Canadians-"Where are you from?"

Mainer- "Maine."

Canadians- "OH, Where is that?"

UMM HELLO?! Maine borders Canada?!

OK, now back to the fun parts. I have been reading a lot of Eclipse. I only have 250 pgs left. I have been trying to get rid of my tan lines on top. It is hard with all these young dumb bitches around who have major body image issues. But I don't care what they have to say, so there.

I met a really interesting guy (Ben) the other night. He came here on a boat with this crazy scumbag (Kendal), they were servers on said boat and gave boat tours for a limited time only, in the caribbean area. I hung out with them the other night. Ben and I snuck into the VIP area after hours and talked. Then we walked along the beach and talked some more. I felt really bad for him because his mom died of cancer and his dad is terminally ill and he has 2 younger sisters who he will have to take custody over at the tender age of 21. His views on life are very inspirational. I believe the goodness of a person can be measured by how they react to bad things that are inflicted upon them. Of course, not everyone is put through the same type of tests, but with every test comes some sort of opportunity for greatness.

Last night, everyone was invited to a VIP party. It was outdoors, surrounded by palm trees, search lights and projection screens. The music pumped and the top shelf liquor runneth over. It happened to be a very windy night which was not good for the aesthetics of the event. A 3 foot tall ice sculpture of a goat/pony toppled over onto a curious young girl who only wanted to taste the seafood salad.

The food was supposed to be better at this event, but unfortunately, I was still greatly underwhelmed. The sad excuse they have for sushi is dry and ginger-less and lacks flavor and zest. The deserts are dry, the deafood is overcooked, the wine is wattery, the champagne is pungent in all the wrong ways...I could go on... Maybe it is just that I have been spoiled by living in New York and having the best of the best all the time. However, even if you compare this food to TGIFridays, it's still on a much lower level. Maybe these people are unable to decipher the difference between good food and crap.

I am really excited to go home and get Thai and Sushi and Pizza! Even though the food here is really bad, I am not going hungry. I feel like since there is a variety of things to try, I find that I must try it all. So I walk around endlessly taking one bite of something and throwing the rest away. I guess maybe I have seen and tried too much so I am hard to impress.

I can't get enough of the ocean. I really would like to live within a close proximity of it when I settle down.

I keep having dreams where something bad happens. Perhaps I feel guilty about being on vacation. Especially a vacation like this where I have no obligations and I am getting absolutely nothing productive done. And I am getting fat, on bad food nonetheless. Oh well. I must go lay by the pool and read. F this VIP section shit. I must find boppy and try to plan an escape to the pueblas!

1 comments:

Bruce said...

haha I would love some seafood salad... but without a giant ice sculpture falling on me.