Monday, March 23, 2009

Coolest Library Ever


Today I had to go to Union Theological Seminary to take out a book for my media class. The stacks in that library are the coolest ever! There are glass floors with lighting underneath and right up against the stacks is a slot, about a half a foot wide. I felt a bit scared that i would misstep and that my foot would get caught in the slot, but it was really neat to look up or down through it at the layers of what seemed to be an abyss of books. Another sweet aspect was when you looked up and somebody was walking above you, you could see them walking through the glass. Talk about glass ceiling. It was very Harry Potteresque. The boy who checked me out was adorable and being taught how to be a librarian by a real life Miss Swan look/talk-aline.

Stay in school kids, libraries are cool!

2 comments:

Das said...

i fell through once, it was horrible. i got stuck after falling two floors and they had to take apart part of the library to get me out. thats why i eat more now, so i don't slip through.

rogue said...

BWAHAHAHAH