Sunday, March 1, 2009

Online Gaming.

I found this awesome article about online gaming (derek, you may be interested in reading this because its sort of about your life). It definitely gave me a better understanding of the virtual world created by gaming online. I mean of course, much of it is assumed, but whatever, I just found this article to be interesting because I know someone (echem Derek) who is all up in the virtual world.

Here is where I would normally post a link, however this website doesn't allow it, so you have to click your way there.

go to www.fastcapitalism.com, click the picture, click issue 4.1, click the picture again, scroll down to the 10th article, by Mike Kent titled Massive Multi-Player Online Games and the Developing Political Economy of Cyberspace'

3 comments:

Das said...

I haven't played since I was sick the first week of feb.

they made the game easier which made it boring boohoo

Das said...

heres the link too

http://www.uta.edu/huma/agger/fastcapitalism/4_1/kent.html

Das said...

most of that stuff i already knew, not the hard numbers and percents but thats all stuff i've read and learned over the years.
I started with Ultima online like they mentioned in 97 but went directly to Dark Age of Camelot instead of everquest, which i used to think had a lot of people play it. but i didnt remember that it only had 500k people , which is pitiful compared to WoW's current 11 mil (they said 10 but are wrong or outdated).
at least now you understand it a bit better, because i didnt have the refrences or time to explain all that stuff to you.