Sunday, March 1, 2009

16 Again


Last night Sara, Carrie and I went to the last local show at the temple in Merrick (see long island hand stamp). It was weird to see that some people in the Long Island scene never change. The point of our little escapade was to feel like we were 16 again. I just felt old and out of place. It was nice to see some of the people that were there, but I suppose I have let my academic trajectory take over my social life. Part of me wishes to go back to a simpler time, and the other part believes my eyes have been opened and that I possess something invaluable that not many people are capable of possessing. I am also pretty sure that the fact that I was e-mailing rhetoric of theories of my life to a certain someone caused me to distinguish myself further from the presence of my peers.

After drinking beers in the parking lot and singling loudly to Girltalk after the show, we met up with some kids from way back, who lived in the area. At 1, we hit up Wendy's for some sweet, delicious fats. Next, I was dragged to a lame house party in Babylon, where I knew one person and the girls were really bitchy.

Oh the suburbs. I would have to say, one of my favorite parts about last night, and suburbia in general was/is listening to music en route to a night out. Singing on the top of your lungs while in transit is not something most 'normal' people are capable of doing in the metropolitan area, unless of course you are all obliteratedly drunk; in which place its a lovely time. I do love my girls very much and even though I was a bit crabby, spending time with them always puts me in an elevated mood.

0 comments: