Monday, March 16, 2009

Hacienda Lifestyle


March, 14, 2009 5:00 PM

Yesterday we headed on the plane early in the AM down to the D.R. The flight was pretty enjoyable. We flew jetBlue. It was only me 2nd time on that airline and I must say that I find it very accommodating. I slept for 2 of the 4 hours and was excited and amazed with the warmth that welcomed me at the airport. After a van ride through the ghetto, we arrived at our beautiful resort. I felt really anthropological witnessing first hand the single-room pueblos scattered along the roadside. This is a third world country after all. I find it interesting the extreme difference of the world outside and inside resort life.

Upon entering the resort, we were warmly welcomed with an alcoholic juice beverage. We got sparkly wrist bands that show that we get all we can eat and drink. There are a lot of spring breakers here. I actually feel old. They must be freshmen or seniors in high school.

The room Boppy and I were assigned was certainly coveted. It has 2 balconies, one with a view of the ocean, and the other overlooking the pool. I feel like I am in paradise. The weather is perfect and everything has been splendid thus far. Yesterday we hung around by the ocean and met some locals who work at the shops alongside the ocean. One of them had a book of interesting adventures one can book. We booked to swim with the dolphins on Tuesday! I am so excited. I hear it is very therapeutic and great fun. It is something I have always wanted to do. I also got a pretty kick ass black and white leopard skin sarong. Last night we went for a free dinner at a seafood restaurant at the resort. It was very pretty and the food wasn't bad. Since I had been drinking all day, I wasn't able to finish my meal. I can see how this free drinking stuff may become a problem.

Today, we got up, ate a breakfast, laid by the pool, ate lunch, laid by the ocean and now we're back at the room resting and getting ready for dinner. I have been reading a lot of Eclipse. I know it's about damn time I finish that book.

I think this is the most beautiful resort I have ever been to.

0 comments: