Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Paper Tiger


I just went to an orientation to volunteer/intern at paper tiger. Paper Tiger Television (PTTV) is an open, non-profit, volunteer video collective. Through the production and distribution of our public access series, media literacy/video production workshops, community screenings and grassroots advocacy PTTV works to challenge and expose the corporate control of mainstream media. PTTV believes that increasing public awareness of the negative influence of mass media and involving people in the process of making media is mandatory for our long-term goal of information equity.

I am thrilled, as the goals of this organization are very similar to the goals i hold in my own professional life. This will look excellent on my resume, as it is more suitable and subject-appropriate for what I want to do with my life. Check out the website if you get a chance. www.papertiger.org

0 comments: