Monday, April 6, 2009

McCarren

Yesterday was my one day to relax. I went with Carrie to McCarren park and met up with a bunch of people. We had a picnic of sorts and people watched. Every time I go there and look for a spot on the grass to lay out, I feel like I am looking for a spot at the beach. It is almost beach season! I can't wait.

Today was the first time I didn't bring my laptop to school in a while. I was pretty bored. I guess I have kind of been slacking in the classroom lately, but I feel like it is mostly due to researching for my upcoming papers. I feel like I have 3 jobs right now: Classwork, paper writing and trying to find a job for the summer. I still haven't heard back from any of the jobs to which I have been applying.

I guess you could say that I am kind of in the dumps. I am broke and busy and tired and ... ja know? I am excited to go to Maine this weekend, but I know I will have to get a shit ton of work done up there as well. It never ends! Well, actually, it does..in about 3 weeks. Hooray!

I am just really glad that I have such good friends to pick me up when I am feeling crappy. Last night Carrie drove me home before I made an ass of myself, today Kim took me out to Sea for dinner and Jason makes me laugh on the daily, and Kristen is always down for a good chat. So I guess everything doesn't suck.

See?! Who says writing in a journal isn't like therapy?

0 comments: