Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Taiwan at last!



During my 8 hour layover in South Korea I did my tarot cards and it gave me faith that my life is headed in the right direction and helped me to really believe that I can put the pieces of my life together if I work at it hard enough. After that, I walked around the airport a lot, then I decided to get some authentic Korean food while I was there. I traded in 15 american dollars and got some squid bibambop. It was absolutely delicious. After that, I went to the gate and started reading 'The Freedom Writers'. I really like it so far, and I am already getting teary eyed.

I got on the plane and found out that I was assigned a window seat, then some girl came over and asked me to switch to a middle seat so she could sit next to her friend. Reluctantly, I said OK because I had already taken a xanax and knew this flight would be shorter than the last. After I moved to a middle seat, some other girl asked me to move to an isle seat. I moved. But then she asked me to move again, and i was like "REALLY?!" and I said no. I know its probably karma getting back at me for making people move on planes for me when I have traveled in large groups. Anyway, that flight finally ended and I was met by Cresencio's friend Sway at the airport. She is a really cool girl who has lived in Taiwan her whole life and speaks perfect english. We got along really well right away. We talked and talked as we rode a bus and taxi to Cresencio's. It is so different looking here than anywhere I have ever been before. There are more scooters per person than anywhere else in the world and believe it or not, the worlds tallest building is here.

I got to Cres's took a nap and then we bonded. I am SOO tired but am trying to go along with the 12 hour time difference thing. I feel like I time traveled today. If a plane could go twice as fast and bring me back to NY, could I time travel and exist at two places at once? Could I break the sound barrier? I think we should make airplanes that can time travel, or better yet, teleport. I have a bone to pick with Asiana airlines. Anyway, I am SO happy to be here. OH we went out to dinner and on the way back we saw this construction mannequin. Enjoy this vid.

0 comments: