Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 1 Solo Exploration




Wow. I just walked around solo around Cres's hood. I have to say it was probably the most terrifying thing ever. I can't read or speak anything. I have no cell phone and a tendency to get lost. A lot of people look poor, not unlike manhattan. It is so obvious I don't know my way around, or anything about this place. I mean I have this extra crease in my eyelids, longer bones and flatter hair follicles. Those simple traits determine me different. I can't help but wonder how these genetic differences came about. Of course most educated individuals would say it has to do with the climate conditions of our ancestors and their biological adaptations to them. But I wonder how, in the long run, these genetic difference actually helped us. I understand that in northern countries like Norway and Sweden, people have longer noses with higher bridges. This is helpful in warmer climates to heat the air flowing in through the nostrils. I just wonder, why the absence of eyelid crease?

Anyway. Even though I felt like a complete tourist, which made me feel completely vulnerable, I snapped some shots. Thank heaven there's 711! (Seriously, there is like a 711 on every block)

0 comments: