Monday, September 7, 2009

Solo Excursion #2

Today I went out by myself to Shadaa. I went to this coffee house called insomnia, got some lunch and tried to get started on my applications. I decided that I will be applying to 6 programs. 6 is my lucky number, and applying to more than that would seem like too much to me. If i get into one program i have a 50% chance of moving to California and a 50% chance of staying in NY. I also have 2/6 chance of doing a media studies program instead of a sociology one. This is the stats if all programs are equally likely. Who really knows. I ordered curry chicken for lunch and the chicken had a lot of bones that were unfamiliar to me. I wonder what part of the chicken my meal was made of. Anyway, after finally buying a face mask for the unruly smog conditions, I took a train to the Taipei 101 building (aka the tallest building in the world). I went to this amazing book store eslite and found the tao te ching, which I had been meaning to get since I got here. I also did some other research and decided that if I get into a media studies program, I want to do my dissertation on Facebook and privacy in the age of the internet, and the changing cultural values brought about by celebritism. Now I must get ice cream and water and take ambien with Cres. <3

0 comments: