Sunday, September 6, 2009

Shadaa!




This morning, after a good 12 hours of sleep, Amanda and I headed out to Shadaa to check out a new apt for her. I really like that section of town. For some reason it is way less complicated than the area of town that I am staying in. There are a lot of cute clothing shops and food vendors and coffee houses. We did some shopping and I got a sweet straw fedora, ownl necklace and couple of shirts. I also got a sim card for my cell phone! I am feeling a lot more comfortable in my environment. Amanda showed me a cute little coffee shop with wifi. I am going to go there tomorrow to get some work done. I rode on the metro today for the first time. I was amazed at how clean it was. I am also amazed at how cheap everything is here. A 1000 dollar bill here, which seems to be the equivalent of about 50 american dollars is actually only worth 30.44 american. Most decent meals run around 5 or 10 dollars american. Expensive pocketbooks can run around 60 american dollars. It is so weird. I feel like a baller!

0 comments: