Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines


Last night I went to my dads for dinner and movies. We ate chinese and watched 'Vicky Christina Barcelona and 'Slumdog Millionaire'. They were both really good. I kept seeing places I have been in Barcelona and it really made me want to go back. I keep fantasizing about my upcoming travels, putting all my eggs in one basket, I suppose.

Today we went to Martha Clara vineyard and tasted some wines. Then we saw some donkeys, llamas and alpacas! I decided I want to donkey for christmas.

I gotta say (and not only because I know you're reading this) that I am pretty lucky to have such awesome parents/step parent(s). I have met a lot of families in my day, and have seen a lot of different parent/child dynamics. I gotta say that I think I am the luckiest. Yes, it was hard growing up and being a badass (or thinking that I was a badass) but now that I see eye to eye with my parents I am thankful that they are as cool as they are and that we can learn and grow from each other.

So yeah, I didn't have a valentine this year. But maybe this valentines day was more than lust and dumb cards and more about drinking wine and spending time with family.

0 comments: