Monday, February 2, 2009

Cresensio is Back

Last night Cres came back to NY. I am SOO happy he is here, but really sad that he will be leaving on
Thursday for Taiwan. We went out last night. I drank and smoked more than I should have and now I feel like I have been gargling with razor blades. Needless to say, I am back on the No Smoking wagon. Starting today.

This morning I woke up and made cinnamon buns! They were really gooey and delicious.

I had to start a conversation in one of my classes today about Homer and the Iliad and the Odyssey. It went OK. I saw some people nodding at what I was saying, which was a good sign. I know I could have done better though. I am really glad the worst part of my week is over. I have already competed all my work for this week. I just have to go to class.

I have a HUGE headache. We're supposed to do kareoke tonight. Great, I have no voice.

Oh. I wrote a new song yesterday. This is a rough edit. It's kid of depressing. I know the lyrics are inaudible so here they are.(on second thought, blogger wouldnt let me upload my recording, so here are the lyrics and only the lyrics.)

History is simple, Its the future thats hard
Someone snaps a picture and immediately its art
What happened to the days when we were all young and stupid?
Smoking cares away
Why did we do this?

That's all you get
A photograph is what's left
Of when you tried and you smiled and pretended you liked it
But who knows how you really felt?
Cause you lied and you liked it.

So goodbye to the times that you thought you knew
And goodbye to the you that you thought was you
Goodbye to your youth

Who is to say the future's any brighter?
Getting older every day and the baggage ain't getting any lighter
The bills need to get paid and you gotta turn into a fighter
To fend for your safety, a hair-puller and a biter.

(I know, I know, my depressing sardonic approach to the world is getting old.)

0 comments: